Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bri + E.R. = Heartache

Back in October 2010, Brianna had fell at her grandma/pa's house and ended up having to get 2 staples in her head. From that moment on, I said she was going to be my E.R. kid. Well, momma was right. A week ago, I put Bri down for a nap after Maddie's game. Within 10 minutes of lying her down, she was crying and I heard Jon ask where I lied her down at. I knew that she had fallen out of her crib. She has never tried to climb in/ out of her bed. To make a long story short, we ended up in the emergency room and after 4 hours of waiting for results, I was told that my sweet little bug broke 2 bones in her wrist. Keep in mind that this child doesn't like to be touched and goes through the roof even when checking her vitals. It took 3 staff members to wrap her like a burrito in order to put a splint on her arm. As her mommy, who's suppose to make her feel better, I felt horrible because I couldn't take her pain away. All I could do was comfort her and wipe away her tiny tears. The staff were all very nice to her and even wrapped her doll's left arm in a purple bandage. The next day, we took her to an orthopedic and he put a cast on her. When he asked what color we wanted, she said: 'I want pink'. So now she's rockin' a hot pink cast for the next 3 weeks. She has been doing a lot better than I thought. Nothing stops her from doing what she does. The only thing Bri has a fit about is putting a bag over her arm during bath time. She starts yelling: 'No bag, please.' Nothing has ever happened to my wild rambunctious child (Maddie) but yet my calm, mellow and cautious child has had staples and now a cast. The joys of mommy hood. I wouldn't change it for the world. I posted a few pictures of my poor little girl.


Jon converted her crib into a toddler bed. We've been planning on getting her a big girl bed for her 2nd birthday so this bed will do for now. Brianna likes the fact of being able to get in/out of her own bed and does pretty good when it comes to bed time. She loves Minnie Mouse so we got her the bedding to help her feel comfy.

Brianna and her baby all tucked in for a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

Tia Kathy said...

Poor baby you got a big BOO BOO!!!
Glad to hear you are getting better. Love the color of your pink little cast,(so stylish).C U soon Love Tia Kathy