Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's Christmas Time







This past weekend, we decorated the Christmas tree and put lights on the house. Madison had a blast! She was very gentle with the ornaments as she picked them out. But once she got to the tree, she scoped out where she wanted to put the ornaments, took a few steps back and then would throw the ornaments onto the tree. If the ornament would land on a branch without falling she yelled out: good girl and clapped her hands. If it fell, she picked another one and would start the throwing process again. So far, she has done well with the tree and is infatuated with the lights. The last picture is Maddie looking up at the "airpane" a.k.a airplane. She enjoys looking at the planes, hearing the choo-choo and looking at the busses from our front door. Jon and I took her on a short bus ride yesterday and she cried her eyes out when we got off. Since last month, Madison has been telling Jon and I when she has a wet or messy diaper or if she's in the process of having one. We're going to start potting training her and hopefully she will tell us when she has to go since she's pretty good at telling us now. She's a very smart and advanced little girl for being just 16 months. She is growing up too fast for us and it makes me sad but yet we're so PROUD of her. Nothing else is new except Madison is getting over her cold and has not needed an asthma treatment which is great for her. But Jon woke up with a cold this morning so Maddie and I are going to nurse him back to good health.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

My Beautiful Lil Princess Madison I bet you did a great job decorating for Christmas. I wish you were here with all of us to decorate as well. I can't wait to see you again Nana Loves and Misses you so very Much you're forever in my heart and thoughts. You look so beautiful in your pictures too.

Anonymous said...

Oh My Boogie...you are the best tree decorator. You would make a Great Santa's Helper...I am going to write to him and put in a request. I miss you Boogie...I can't wait until you come down so I can take you and Jo~Jo to see all the lights...luv ya baby...muah!!!!

Anonymous said...

Teresa and Jon-
Madison is so beautiful!! She has gorgeous eyes, and she is so smart, too. We put up our Christmas tree last week, also, and Hannah loves to look at the lights. I love Christmas time!!