Sunday, November 30, 2008

Madison's Little Secret

Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you all had a nice and safe turkey day. With Jon's crazy work schedule, we were unable to attend a few family functions in Sacramento. So we stayed home and my mom, sister and 4 brothers came to visit. It was very nice to visit with all my family. Madison was very excited to see everyone and she enjoys playing with my 8 year old brother, Joseph. As for Maddie, she's been the usual active 2 year old who is learning so much everyday. She is doing a lot better with her potting training. She goes most of the time by herself but still has some accidents. I'm very proud of her because she now takes the time to go when she is occupied with something so she's on the road to success. I guess we had to run on Maddie's time and potty train when she was ready. She is doing a great job recognizing her ABC's and can write a few letters in her name. Oh, and she is exercising the word: "WHY?". That's enough to drive someone crazy but at the same time it doesn't bother me because she is so curious and wants to know about things and their purposes all the time, which shows me that her learning skills are enhancing. She is a sharp cookie and Jon and I are very proud of her. Madison likes to tell secrets, too. Below is a little clip of her new secret. Check it out.



Yes, you heard our sweetheart correctly- WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!!!!!!! We're very excited. Baby Lujan #2 is due July 15, 2009. We're going to have another July baby. Madison's birthday is July 9.I have to admit that when I found out, I cried and was in denial. Jon and I agreed that we wanted another baby since Madison is just about 2 1/2 but when I found out, it hit me harder than I thought. As for Jon, he was bouncing off the walls. I had this crazy theory that I would not be able to love another child the way I LOVE and ADORE Madison. She has fulfilled my life in so many ways in every which way possible. She makes me laugh, cry, mad,....etc. She has brought so much to my life and I learn from her everyday. She is my life-- she is my EVERYTHING!!!! But with Jon's support, I came to realize that my heart will only grow bigger. We explained the baby to Madison and so far she's okay with it. She said she wants to hold and feed the baby. She was a little confused about the baby being in my tummy. A few months ago, she was looking at the ultrasound video of her and Jon explained to her that she was in my tummy. One day, she said: "Mommy, I be thinking" and when I asked her what she was thinking, she said she wanted to get in my tummy. I started to laugh and told her that was impossible. Anyways, I know she's going to be an awesome big sister or as she puts it, the little sister because she's a little girl. So that's what's new and exciting for us. We'll keep you all posted and updated on our exciting baby adventure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, this is very exciting news.We are all happy for you. This is why you love your Tia, because july babies rule. And don't worry you'll love this baby just as much .Remember you when thur this with jojo.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's really exciting! I bet that Madison will be an awesome big sister. And your right, you'll love the second baby just as much, but I can see how it is hard to see that now. I feel the same way about Hannah. I'm sad that we missed you guys last week. I was really looking forward to seeing you. We won't be coming down for Christmas. Hopefully we'll see you guys again sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Madison you did a great job telling us all your surprise. Congratulations to all of you once again. It was another blessing to me on another holiday. I remember when you told me about Madison and that was a great Christmas present. I'm very happy!!!!! And not to worry Mija I felt the same about all six of you. And you know I have alot of room in my heart for all of you and my beautiful grandchildren. Keep them grand kids coming (Smile) Love all of you so very Much.

Joe and Angela said...

Congrats! I read a quote over the summer that said, "A child fills the hole in your heart that you never knew was there." Even though I'm not a mother yet, I've experienced that on a smaller level with all our neices and nephew and with the kids in our primary as well. I'm sure you'll find that will be the case with baby #2!!

I'm so excited to see you guys and your new house! Just a few more days...we're leaving at about 4 or 5 am Thursday putting us there at about 6:00. Wahoo!

Maran said...

Hey Teresa- To answer your question, we will not be moving back to California. Scott will still have 8 more months of school once they are born. After that, we'll move where ever the job takes us. It would be really nice to have those extra hands, though, so hopefully it will be somewhere in California.